Thursday, July 19, 2012

How did it come to this?

I thought peer pressure stopped in your teens but apparently it has reared its ugly head again, this time in my 30's.  Some of you may know my lovely wife (aptly named "Wife" for purposes of this blog).  I must preface future comments by saying that Wife and I have been married for eight years- she is the love of my life, mother to my children and my best friend...a knock-out with brains to match.  Over the last three years she's become well-versed in all things relating to the blogs so I wasn't too surprised last week when she suggested that I start my own blog.  Wife, a former teacher, is an excellent writer and wordsmith.  I, on the other hand, am an accountant by trade (exciting I know) and naturally gravitate towards concrete numbers, Excel spreadsheets, and financial statements so my initial reluctance to enter the blogosphere was surely anticipated by Wife.  But her attack plan was calculated as she readily countered with the age-old adolescent prodding..."Everybody's doing it,"  "It will be fun,"  "It's cool," "Just try it."  And somehow amidst  flashbacks of middle school combined with modern-day technology, I ended up with Smokin' In Sugar Hill.


As previously stated, my talents are not based in the arena of literature, but through the years I have prided myself on a few hobbies that will serve as the basis for Smokin' In Sugar Hill:

  1. The art of backyard grilling
  2. Recreational fishing


  I will do my best to document my trials and tribulations relating to these simple but fun areas and hopefully provide an interesting read in the process.


Thanks for following!













No comments:

Post a Comment